Mississauga 's Solel Congregation,
founded in 1973, has grown to membership of over 300 families
and has established itself within the broader Mississauga
community and Region of Peel.
Led by the dynamic and distinguished
Rabbi Lawrence Englander - a recipient of the Order of Canada,
our congregation offers a friendly, warm, and supportive
environment in which Jews by birth and by choice and non-Jewish
family and friends celebrate the richness and beauty of
Jewish life through life-cycle events, communal worship,
and education. We are committed to the upholding of the
Jewish tradition, we have a vibrant religious school, active
youth groups, as well as an adult education program.
Every member of our community is welcome
and encouraged to contribute his or her talents, expertise,
and energy. Our volunteer-run congregation fosters strong
social bonds among its members.
It is a unique congregation in which:
- Every member feels a connection to the community, a
lifelong connection that enables us to share life's events.
- Solel welcomes singles and families from all backgrounds.
We have many couples of mixed faiths, and both partners
are most welcome to participate
- We welcome gay and lesbian members. Rabbi Englander
has officiated at same-sex marriages.
- We do our best to make our synagogue accessible to people
with disabilities. We regularly engage a sign-language
interpreter for our deaf members. Our entire building
is wheelchair accessible and we have a specially designed
- Each member's Jewish identity is affirmed and enhanced.
- We do for ourselves to create a participatory
environment: in religious services and rituals, in our
Religious School , in our social programmes.
- We value our youth, not only as our future
but also as our present.
- We contribute to the welfare of the community and world
around us by working toward Tikkun Olam.
- Lifelong Jewish learning becomes a shared ideal, in
theory and in practice.
Solel has so much to offer, regardless of
age, background or experiences.